What’s hot and what’s not in the world of exterior house colors trends 2023? If you’re curious about the latest trends, you’ve come to the right place. Here, we’ll take a look at the top color trends for 2023 – so you can make sure your home is ahead of the curve.
Top 10 Most Popular Exterior House Colors 2023
Here’s a look at the top 10 exterior house colors of 2023 (in no particular order):
- Charcoal Gray: A classic color that never goes out of style, charcoal gray is perfect for those who want a sophisticated look without being too “in your face.”
- Taupe: Taupe is a great neutral color that can be used on both exteriors and interiors. It’s perfect for those who want a calming, soothing color palette.
- Cream: Cream is another popular neutral color that can be used on both exteriors and interiors. It has a warm, welcoming feeling that makes it perfect for homes in warmer climates.
- Blue: Blue is a popular choice for exterior house colors, and there are many different shades to choose from. Whether you want a light and airy feel or something more dramatic, there’s a blue out there for you.
- Green: Green is a great choice for those who want to bring the outside in. It’s also a very versatile color, as it can range from light and refreshing to dark and moody.
- Yellow: Yellow is a happy color that can brighten up any space – perfect for homes in sunny climates!
- Orange: Orange is a bold choice that is sure to make your home stand out from the rest. It’s perfect for those who want to add a bit of personality to their space.
- Red: Red is another bold choice that will definitely make your home stand out from the crowd. It’s ideal for adding curb appeal and making a statement.
- Pink: Pink is a fun, flirty color that can add personality to any space – perfect for adding a touch of femininity to your home’s exterior.
- Grey: Grey is a timeless color that can be used on both exteriors and interiors – perfect for those who want a classic look with modern appeal
How to Choose the Right Exterior House Color 2023
In choosing the right exterior house color, consider three things – the personality of your home, the neighborhood in which your home is located and the current trends.
Your home’s personality is dictated by its architectural style. A Victorian is quite different than a Ranch, and each one has a unique color palette that speaks to its time period and style. If you live in a Historic District, your homeowners association may have guidelines about what colors you can use.
Your neighborhood also provides cues about what colors are appropriate. If you live in an urban area, you might want to select a color that makes your home stand out from the rest. Whereas, if you live in the suburbs, you might want to choose a color that fits in with the other houses on your street. colors can also be used to accentuate certain features on your house. For example, if you have beautiful brickwork, you might want to choose a paint color that brings out the red tones in the bricks.
Finally, consider what colors are currently trending. While it’s not necessary to follow every trend, it can be helpful to know what colors are popular so that you can make an informed decision about what will work best for your home. The following are some of the most popular exterior house colors for 2023:
-Neutral tones such as taupe and gray are always popular because they provide a clean canvas that can be accented with pops of color
-Bright colors such as yellow and blue are becoming increasingly popular as people look for ways to add personality to their homes
-Earthy tones such as green and brown are also gaining popularity as people look for ways to connect with nature
10 Tips for Picking an Exterior House Color
You’ve finally landed on the perfect home. But before you can pick out furniture or start unpacking boxes, you need to choose an exterior paint color. It may seem like a daunting task, but with these 10 tips, you’ll be well on your way to finding a color that perfectly suits your home and style.
- 1. Pick a color scheme – There are endless possibilities when it comes to choosing exterior paint colors. To make things easier, start by narrowing down your choices to one of three popular color schemes: monochromatic, complementary, or analogous.
- 2. Consider your home’s style – Your home’s architectural style will play a major role in choosing an exterior paint color. A Victorian-style home looks best when it’s painted in a lighter shade with contrasting trim, while a Craftsman home is well-suited for a darker color palette. Not sure what style your home is? Take a look at these popular architectural styles and the best exterior paint colors for each.
- 3. Look at your neighbors’ homes – Before making any final decisions, take some time to walk around your neighborhood and take note of the other homes’ exterior colors. You want your house to stand out—but not too much! Work with what you have and try to find a complementary or analogous color scheme that will help your home fit in while still making it pop.
- 4. Inspect your siding – If you plan on painting your siding, pay close attention to its condition before making any decisions about paint colors. If your siding is old or damaged, it will need to be replaced—and that means starting from scratch with choosing an exterior paint color. On the other hand, if your siding is in good condition, you have much more freedom when it comes to choosing a new color scheme since you won’t have to worry about prepping and painting damaged areas.
- 5. Think about the trim The trim is another important factor to consider when picking an exterior paint color because it can help create visual interest and add curb appeal to your home. If you have white trim, for example, you might want to choose a bolder color for your siding so that it stands out against the trim. On the other hand, if you have dark trim, lighter colors might be more appropriate for both the siding and the trim itself.
- 6. Look at nearby buildings Take into account any larger buildings near your home—like office buildings or shopping complexes—when trying to decide on an exterior paint color scheme. You don’t want your house to get lost amongst these bigger structures! If they’re close by, find complementary colors that will help make your house stand out without feeling too out of place next to these larger buildings.
- 7. Pay attention to light The amount of natural light (or lack thereof) in different parts of your property can greatly affect how certain paint colors look once they’re applied.
- 8. Don’t forget about doors and windows Your doors and windows should also be taken into consideration when trying to choose an exterior Paint color Scheme since they can greatly affect how certain colors look once applied.
- 9. Consider staining instead Painting isn’t the only way to change up the look of your home’s exterior—staining is another option that can give lumber surfaces (like decks) a whole new lease on life.
- 10. Get samples Once you think you’ve found the perfect color (or colors), get sample pots of each one and test them out on different parts of Your Home Exterior —you might be surprised by how differently they look once applied!
How to Pick an Exterior Paint Color That Lasts
It’s inevitable. Sooner or later every home needs a fresh coat of paint on the exterior. Depending on the material of your home’s siding, that could be as often as every five years or as long as 15 to 20. Of course, a new exterior paint job is a great opportunity to change up your home’s curb appeal with a new color scheme. But with all of the choices out there, how do you know which one to pick?
There are a few things you’ll want to keep in mind when selecting an exterior paint color. The first is the material of your home’s siding. If you have vinyl siding, for example, you’ll want to choose a lighter color since dark colors can cause the vinyl to warp and fade over time. If your home has wood siding, on the other hand, you can be more adventurous with your color choice since darker colors can actually help protect the wood from UV rays and other elements.
Another thing to consider is the geographical location of your home. If you live in an area with intense sunlight, you’ll want to choose a light-colored exterior paint to help reflect some of that heat and keep your home cooler during those long summer days. Conversely, if you live in a colder climate, a darker color can actually help absorb some heat and make your home warmer during those chilly winter months.
And finally, when it comes to choosing an exterior paint color, it’s important to pick something that will last. That means choosing a timeless color scheme that won’t go out of style in a few years. To do that, consider using colors that are already popular for interior design since they tend to be colors that people are naturally drawn to and won’t get sick of seeing day after day.
With all of these things in mind, here are five popular exterior paint colors for 2023:
-Gray: This versatilecolor is perfect for homes in both sunny and cold climates since it can either reflect heat or absorb it depending on the shade you choose. Gray is also a classic color that never goes out of style so you can rest assured knowing your investment will last for years to come.
-Beige: Beige is another timelesscolor choice perfect for both sunny and cold climates since it can help either reflect or absorb heat depending on the shade you select
Exterior House Color Trends 2023
A recent survey from Better Homes and Gardens shows that nearly 50 percent of homeowners repaint the exterior of their homes every five to seven years. If you’re considering a makeover for your home’s exterior, you may be wondering what colors are popular right now. We spoke with several paint experts to get their predictions for the hottest exterior house color trends of 2023.
“Right now, we’re seeing a lot of homeowners gravitate towards natural colors inspired by the outdoors,” says Jane Harrington, color expert at Benjamin Moore. “Think soothing blues, greens, and even earth tones like reds and oranges. These colors can create a sense of tranquility and harmony, which is especially important as we spend more time at home.”
Fellow paint brand Sherwin-Williams agrees that nature-inspired shades will be big in 2023. “We anticipate an uptick in the use of biophilic design principles next year, which focus on incorporating natural elements into interior and exterior spaces to connect people with nature,” says Laura Rugh, color marketing manager at Sherwin-Williams. She predicts that popular exterior house colors will include soft blues and greens that evoke images of water and sky.
If you’re looking for something a little more bold, black is also set to be a big color trend next year. “Pairing black paint with other dark hues like navy or charcoal can create a sophisticated look for your home’s exterior,” says Cyndy Aldredge, national painting authority at Home Depot. She recommends using black as an accent color (think: shutters or trim) to add visual interest without overwhelming your home’s facade.
Top 10 Exterior Paint Colors That Provide Instant Curb Appeal
- 1. Repose Gray by Sherwin Williams
- 2. Black Fox by Benjamin Moore
- 3. California Paints’ Desert Cactus
- 4.#B6BAA4 Dunn Edwards’ Swiss Coffee
- 5. Valspar Reserve’s Smokey Topaz
- 6.#F7E3AF Behr’s Sculptor Clay
- 7.#CEC293 Olympic’s Premium One Earthtone
- 8. PPG Timeless’ Creamy Blueberry
- 9.#A0AAA0 Glidden’s Silver Sage
- 10.#696158 Pratt & Lambert’sabsolute Zero
Exterior home design trends 2023
Minimalist home design has been on the rise in recent years, and it shows no signs of slowing down. Sleek lines, simple shapes, and a focus on function are key components of this style. If you’re thinking about giving your home a makeover in the near future, you’ll want to know about these exterior house color trends for 2023.
1. Nature-inspired colors
2023 is all about reconnecting with nature. This means we’ll see an uptick in outdoor living spaces and an increased focus on using eco-friendly materials. When it comes to exterior paint colors, look for hues that mimic the colors of the natural world. Think earthy browns, sky blues, and leafy greens.
2. Jewel tones
Bright and bold jewel tones are perfect for making a statement. Rich ruby reds, sapphire blues, and emerald greens will all be popular choices next year. These colors are perfect for accenting trim or adding a pop of color to an otherwise neutral palette.
3. Neutrals with a twist
Neutral doesn’t have to mean boring. For 2023, we’re predicting an increase in interesting neutral hues like muddy grays, creamy whites, and dusty roses. These colors are perfect for creating a warm and inviting space without being too over-the-top.
Popular exterior house colors 2022
Assuming that you want to know what popular exterior house colors will be in 2023, we did some research. According to Better Homes and Gardens, the following colors will be popular for exterior house paint in 2023:
- -Navy blue
- -Bold red
- -Light blue
What are popular exterior colors 2022?
If you’re planning to paint your house in the near future, you may be wondering what popular exterior colors will be in 2022. While trends come and go, there are a few timeless hues that always seem to be popular. Here are a few of the most popular exterior colors for 2022:
-White: A classic color that never goes out of style, white is perfect for making a home look clean and crisp. It’s also a good choice if you want to show off architectural details.
-Gray: Gray is a popular color for modern homes. It has a clean, stylish look that can be dressed up or down depending on your other choices (e.g., paint colors, hardware, etc.).
-Black: Like gray, black is perfect for modern homes. It can create a sleek and stylish look, or a warm and inviting one depending on the other choices you make.
-Beige: Beige is another timeless exterior color choice. It’s perfect for homes that want to convey a sense of warmth and comfort.
-Blue: Blue is a popular color for both interior and exterior paint schemes. It’s versatile and can create either a calm and relaxing vibe or a bold and exciting one depending on the shade you choose.
What are the new color trends for 2023?
2023 is shaping up to be a year of experimentation when it comes to exterior house colors. Homeowners are looking to take risks and make a statement with their homes, and they’re willing to try out new color combinations to achieve this.
Some of the top color trends for 2023 include:
- -Bold primary colors: Red, blue, and yellow will be popular choices for those looking to make a statement.
- -Muted pastels: Soft greens, pinks, and blues will be popular choices for those wanting a more calming aesthetic.
- -Neutrals with a pop of color: Black, white, and gray will be popular choices for those wanting a classic look with a little bit of personality.
- – jewel tones: Rich colors like emerald green, sapphire blue, and ruby red will be popular choices for those wanting to add some luxury to their home.